Vaillant Ecotec Plus Problem - New Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

This is the first Vaillant i've fitted so thought I should make a post to try and get some help.

C/H isn't coming on - boiler status is 'S.30' (no heating demand from external controls - clamp 3-4 open).

I have linked out 3-4 but still the same.

Hot water works fine - full gas rate mode for commisioning also seems to work.

When loop testing for commisioning, fuse in spur blew. Replaced fuse in spur and fuse also pcb fuse - not sure if the 3-4 terminal issue could be related or not.

Any Vaillant experts out there who can give me some pointers? Need this system back on before monday!

many Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
the boiler will self check components vent heat ex go on full rate. you need to see if its got 230 at 3-4 if not then i will be thinking that there is a pcb fault loose connection on the ch side div motor. fitted hundreds of vaillants never had a problem.

I now this may sound stupid but I have come across this before check E N L are all correct we had a house wired back to front and that blew fuses,you should have 240v on three power out and 4 power in to fire the boiler when initially powered up the boiler checks resistance on fan pump gas valve powers the diverter full open full closed you should here the latter buzzing you should then see a rad simbol on the display plus models only check the auto air vent is open you should hear the pump purging air and then ignition sequence we fit aprox 150 a year and we have had one faulty pump and a damaged wiring loom other than that they always fire up first time,hope any of the above helps.
Dave

Dave, if you are gas registered, as you should be to fit boilers, then you should register for the Combustion Chamber where trade questions ar best asked.

Tony

Hi

They have Hot Water priority, is there any leaking taps in the house.

Shut off the valves to hot water and see if it switches to heating.

Press i and - to see if it brings up a fault code.

S30 is no demand from external controls. If the external controls are linked out and you have 240 at 3&4 then it's a board fault.

Just re-read ur original posting. I've had a board fault that blew 3a fuse then wouldn't run ch except in chimney sweep mode. Contact group service and have it replaced under warranty

dfaz - polarity is correct.

Agile - are you the gas police or something? ;)

Yes there is 230 on 3 and 4. All wiring looms are ok, as are connections to div motor.

I rang vaillant yesterday but earliest they say they can come out is Tues! Bit of a ****take when you spend £900 odd on a new boiler for your customer that happens to be a friend and have two small kids and and a pregnant wife.
Makes the installer look like jockstrap too.... especially when it's -1 outside and snowing.....

Anyone have any alternatives contacts for vaillant group service on a sunday?

collings you will be lucky to get through to them from monday to friday,there is no hope in hell of you reaching Vailliant on sunday! :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back