Anyone able to recommend Erbauer power tools?...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's an Erbauer 18v drill + impact driver on Screwfix. Anyone know whether these are any good or not? Doesn't seem to be a make that's widely available? Are there a good backup of spares or add-ons?

Sponsored Links
I can only comment on their 1/2" router. The one I have is not badged as Erbauer but is identical. I also got it a lot cheaper than Screwfix's £85. I suspect all these tools are badged by various. If my router packs up though I shall bin it as it was only £30.
If I was spending £100 on a cordless drill I would want to know if I could at least get batteries (even if they are expensive).
Either that or justify writing it off after 12 months.
If you can't do this then I would spend a little more and buy a known make.
I've never had a lot of luck with cordless drill and have several with knackered batteries but I buy cheap and throw away.

Sponsored Links
I have an Erbauer cordless 12v which is about 2 years old and is still going strong. I have a Hitachi 12v which is about 1 year old and has been in for repair twice. The hitachi is slightly lighter I think but they both do the job

Porker said:
I can only comment on their 1/2" router. The one I have is not badged as Erbauer but is identical. I also got it a lot cheaper than Screwfix's £85. I suspect all these tools are badged by various.
What was it badged as? I was thinking about getting the Erbauer ERB30Y or ERB32XN2 SDS+

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101377&ts=31715&id=91190

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=101377&ts=31715&id=95230

It's for DIY use, and whilst I can justify Bosch Gxx for things I use a lot, like jigsaw and cordless combi, this won't see a great deal of action. But I do want a meaty one for channelling and box sinking etc, and I don't want it to fall apart, as I can't do the cost equation of buy cheap and chuck it away either.

If the same tool was available under another name, for less, it would ease my concerns a lot.

It has no name on it at all and I bought it ex-demo off Ebay. The model number though is ERBRT3-240. For me it is great for DIY. It is substantial and quite heavy. I don't think it will fall apart easily and has an 1850W motor. I'm no expert in these things but even at £85 I think it is good value.

petewood said:
I have an Erbauer cordless 12v which is about 2 years old and is still going strong. I have a Hitachi 12v which is about 1 year old and has been in for repair twice. The hitachi is slightly lighter I think but they both do the job

10 month update:

Old Erbauer doesn't get used quite so much since I bought a lovely nifty pair of Makitas but it still a surprisingly good tool at the price. In fact I seem to remember that it came with a 3 year warranty which is what persuaded me in the first place.

The Hitachi mentioned above had gear problems once again so is destined for the bin on of these days.

I ought to have said that I have had the router for 12 months and used it a fair bit. I paid £30 for it so it was an ebay bargain.
I have also bought an Erbauer 18v cordless drill and used it for 4 days solid replacing guttering and no complaints so far. It feels as good as a more expensive Hitachi I used to own. Only possible issue might be the weight but minor issue.

all i can say about erbauer is crap tools. got an SDS drill. after 1 week the gears broke and it was stuck in hammer only. so got it replaced. few weeks later the chuck stopped workin. for some reason, would only accept certain drill bits. so that went back. now got a makita SDS drill. so far no problems

JUST FOR INFORMATION, ABOUT A YEAR AGO I USED ONE OF THESE IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE CABINS/DECKS OF A 30 METRE DUTCH BARGE AND ALL INTERNAL TIMBER WORK INCLUDING BUILT IN WARDROBES, GIMBALLED BEDS AND OTHER STUFF.
I FOUND IT TO BE A VERY POWERFUL AND DURABLE TOOL AND THE ONLY THING AGAINST IT WAS THE WEIGHT WHICH MADE IT AWKWARD TO USE FOR EXTENDED PERIODS IN CONFINED SPACES. HAVING SAID THAT YOUI CAN BUY A BOX SET OF COMBI DRILL AND SEPARATE DRIVER WITH 2 BATTERIS AND CHARGER. IN MY OPINION ITS A GOOD TOOL AND I'M STILL KNOCKING THE *******S OUT OF IT DAILY ON SITE A YEAR LATER WITH NO PROBLEMS YET!!

caplock.jpg

I have a Erbauer 18v drill and while it initially seemed great, the drill didn't last. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for. I have Bosch blue drills that have done 5 times the amount of work and are still going strong.

My bother has also had an Erbauer drill in the past and that didn't last long either. He now only buys Makita tools.

I certainly won't waste my money on Erbauer stuff again. If I every want any tools now, I stick with Bosch blue. It's expensive, but it is the best and will last much longer than most other stuff (including Dewalt etc), so in the long term they are good value.

When I wanted a router, I got a cheap one. Then the locking pin rounded and I couldn't get bits out of the chuck. So I ended up buying a Bosch green router only weeks after getting the cheap one. Buying cheap tools doesn't pay. I've learned this too many times and now don't get sucked in to those cheap prices.

I have a Erbauer 18v drill and while it initially seemed great, the drill didn't last. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for. ...................

d3matt, as if the OP cares, the question was asked 3 years ago the rate this forum moves anything over a month is old.

Please check the date a post was made before you reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back