Boiler Tripping on Overheat Stat 3x a Day

KJB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my Ideal Standard LXFF260 is tripping out via the boiler overheat stat. As the boiler is 12 years old I just assumed the stat was becoming weak so hav changed it for a new one. However, the problem remains. I've searched this forum without any luck. Other posts suggest checking the pump - All OK, sludge - again OK.
Bit mystified on this. Any ideas?
Keith

Sponsored Links
If you have changed the overheat stat it is probably down to a circulation problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: KJB
Check the Boiler Control Stat using a surface thermometer, at max setting the water should be 80*c (=/- 5*c)

If OK is the Circulating Pump operating correctly, is the By-pass circuit (if fitted) allowing sufficient water to flow around boiler, check with Differentioal thermometer between boiler Flow & Return, 7-11*c is about right ;)

It is wrong to assume that because an overheat keeps tripping it must be faulty, it usually means that it is doing it's job!!

• Thanks
Reactions: KJB
dont be tight and keep britain strong if you keep posting on here for answers we will run out of engineers to fix them as you are taking work away from them, you probably live in a hardwater area?

Sponsored Links
dont be tight and keep britain strong if you keep posting on here for answers we will run out of engineers to fix them as you are taking work away from them, you probably live in a hardwater area?
Ok, so why do so many engineers post their help on here. Not going to post anymore. Stuff you in particular and your kind. I give advice every day with little thanks but always feel better if I can help someone along the way.
Gone forever. :(
Thanks to the two sensible posts. will now call my favourite engineer to get it sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back