Apparent fan problem with new Vaillant Ecotec Plus 624.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About a week ago I installed a new Ecotec plus 624 system boiler together with a Vaillant unistor unvented cylinder VR 65 control centre and VRT 360 roomstat/programmer.

Anyway all was running sweetly until today when the boiler refused to start up just showing F32 on its display, apparently this suggests a fan/hall sensor or wiring fault. I entered the diagnostic menu and found that during attempted start-up fan speed was registering as zero. The fan is running however so I am inclined to think it is the hall sensor or (perhaps unlikely) a circuit board fault..... has anyone had experience of this fault before? its under warranty of course, and I've checked all the leads for bad connections to no avail.

(I quite accept the premise that faults encountered in new boilers can generally be attributed to faulty installation but I can't really see how this one can be :) )

Its a real pain because the customer is coming back from holiday on Thursday and I'd really like to get it sorted by then.

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Heeley

Sponsored Links
Vaillant should be able to fix it by then but you must explain that it seems to be a faulty fan or PCB. Not a problem I have heard of before on those.

You should register for the closed cc area of this site where trade questions are best asked and we can give advice on gas matters and talk about products out of the view of the manufacturers.

Do you have an old combi to give to the old fellow posting about wanting to learn more about boilers?

Do you know what has happened to Chris Hutt?

Tony

Thanks for the rapid response Tony. I'll phone Vaillant first thing.

I chucked a combi out only this afternoon, still, I don't think it was the best type to learn from, an ELM leblanc. I leave old boilers and radiators outside my mothers bed and breakfast and they disappear overnight! probably the foxes.

No, I don't know whats become of Chris

Heeley

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back