ELECTRICAL TESTING CERTIFICATES,17th EDITION TEST CERTS

• Thread starter Johnmelad502
  • Start date
J

Johnmelad502

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
yes but how is the individual cert no recorded? You have to 'buy' these from your provider (eg NICEIC)

SB

Hmm, on closer look - maybe they're not designed for registered electricians?!? Can't put the NICEY logo on it can you??

Sponsored Links
I downloaded them but I cant open the .odt files.

Anyone know what program I need for this?

Openoffice.

Great thanks, although on their website it says its compatable with MS Word, obviously not!

Office 2007 SP2 or 2010 can open it. Wordpad on Windows 7 has partial support.

Other than that, almost all free office suites support it properly. Conversely, the new 'open' format Microsoft wrote is handled properly by.. Office, and not much else.

Hello.
I ordered one out of curiosity. :oops:
I can open the certs but when I 'click' edit and select from the drop down menu, the 'ok' tab does not 'highlight' in order for me to add. :eek: :LOL: :LOL:
In the 'name and address' details I cannot enter text either.
(I should add, I only had a quick look and my computing skills are very limited).

Regards
Ed

Ive got office xp and that wont have it, I dont know why they dont make them all compatible :evil:

Ive got office xp and that wont have it, I dont know why they dont make them all compatible :evil:

Because Microsoft like making money and dislike competition (odt is not a Microsoft format. It's an open format developed by Sun).

yes but how is the individual cert no recorded? You have to 'buy' these from your provider (eg NICEIC)
What?
Surely you just write the number with a pen, the number incrementing each time.

Or you could set up a batch print with the number incremented on each copy (don't ask me how, but I see no reason it can't be done, and I'm almost positive such a feature is implemented in most if not all decent office suites).

Having just looked on the Elecsa website, if you download blank certificates from there (members only section), each download automatically has serial numbers included, which increment each time you download the file (PDF). No charge for that.

Their certificate pads have 2 boxes where the certificate number and membership number are filled in using a pen.

If the NICEIC are charging just to have serial numbers on certificates, surely it's time to find another scheme?

I don,t get this buying numbers palaver use your own recording system!
I got the disk also, found it very interesting loads of templates etc works on XP ok, but you have to create from a template you cannot write onto it direct, I dont use it for certs now but did so for a few practice runs for my new machine
Mac

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back