Scantronic ion-16 Missing Keypad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted an ion-16 system in December 2009 and it has run without a problem until now. I opened the end panel to make a change to the external bell wiring. On powering up and closing the end panel I now have a "Missing Keypad" error which I cannot clear. It prevents me from leaving installer mode and setting the system. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
If a wired keypad.Make sure the keypad has power to it. Check your wires to ensure they are:
a, in the correct terminals and not crossed over the colour in the keypad should be the same as in the control unit
b, terminated by the wire and not the outer sleeving

If a wireless keypad is also fitted go to the wired keypad and relearn the wireless keypad.

If this fails redo what you did to your wiring for the external sounder.
It does sound like it has something to do with what you did.

Thanks for your help.
I have just fixed the problem which was due to an incorrect address jumper setting. Why it did not show before I do not know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back