Lining paper blotches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everybody

I hope someone can help with this problem as my wife is pulling her hair out with it. Because of the state of the dry lined walls she decided for the first time to put up lining paper before the conventional wallpaper. This she did successfully even if it is a laborious job. Now she has come to hang the wallpaper the first few lengths have what looks like a brownish water mark in between the lining paper and the top layer. It is not consistent and just appears as light blotches here and there. Any suggestions as to what they might be?

Dit

Sponsored Links
Is the house smoke free? What 'state' were the walls in?

Hi

The house is definitely smoke free. It is only 30 years old so the walls were not in a dreadful state just a bit marked and ¾ covered in a horrible purple paint. My wife had decorated other rooms and the edges have parted eventually, so she thought the lining paper might give a better foundation and prevent this happening again.

Dit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back