Bosch WFL 2450

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems to be working fine apart from the conditioner isn\\\'t getting washed in. Filters have been cleaned, the tray cleaned and the water nozzles into the tray cleaned as best as possible from underneath. Any advise on how to get this working? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
the conditioner is usually taken in by the use of a differnt valve, it may be this vavle has given up or blocked or even become dissconected

did you get this problem resolved cos I have the same maching and the same problem?

nibbo said:
did you get this problem resolved cos I have the same maching and the same problem?

I dubt iainm will reply since he asked 17 months ago (and only made the one post)

he probably took my advice which is what i suggest you do

Sponsored Links
the conditioner is usually taken in by the use of a differnt valve, it may be this vavle has given up or blocked or even become dissconected

Can a more specific explanation be given on this as I am sure the advice given is the right way to go.

At the back of the machine under the lid there are usually 2 or three water solenoid valves.

These valves operate depending on what part of the program is running. One of these will be the conditioner water valve, if it has failed you will not get water going to the conditioner part of the soap dispenser hence no conditioner will be flushed out.

When you say you cleaned out the soap dispenser did you take it fully apart as crud gets stuck in the top hat part and prevents the syphoning action, this will need to be cleaned out fully.

To test the water solenoid valves you check the continuity through the valve winding it should be a fairly high resisitance 30K or so, or if you know what your doing apply a seperate 240V supply to the valve.

Thanks for info. Can your advice be carried out by somebody with limited technical knowledge.
At the back of the machine under the lid there are usually 2 or three water solenoid valves.

These valves operate depending on what part of the program is running. One of these will be the conditioner water valve, if it has failed you will not get water going to the conditioner part of the soap dispenser hence no conditioner will be flushed out.

When you say you cleaned out the soap dispenser did you take it fully apart as crud gets stuck in the top hat part and prevents the syphoning action, this will need to be cleaned out fully.

To test the water solenoid valves you check the continuity through the valve winding it should be a fairly high resisitance 30K or so, or if you know what your doing apply a seperate 240V supply to the valve.

I've fixed this problem twice on my machine now.

the issue is caused by a thick gunge building up in the holes above where the water gets fed into the conditioner slot, and in the siphon where it is discharged from the drawer.

the syphon is the easiest to clean, unfold the cover of teh syphon and clean it out to ensure all gunge build up is removed.

if this doesn't help then you need to go in.

remove the top rear screws, and the ones on teh side of teh control panel at the top (sides). there are 3 further screws where the soap drawer is situated. remove all these. then remove the metal bar whcih covers teh soap dispener across teh top of the machine. unclip the two pipes feeding into the top of the soap dispenser. be careful and unclip the pipe at the bottom of the soap dispenser. take the soap dispenser apart and clean thoroughly.

it's a bugger to get the bottom clip back on, but apart from that the re insall is a reverse of taking apart.

As i say, i've had to do this twice, i think it's a problem with the design, but once done the machine works great again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back