PAT Testing certs - own design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Im just in the process of designing my own Pat testing certificates and cant seem to find a definate list of what MUST be included. eg do I need to include serial numbers of all items (if poss) location of items ? class of item ? fuse and rating in watts ? will a simple pass column be sufficient to cover all the tests to that particular item ?
Thanks matt

Sponsored Links
Mine have a few columns,
Appliance ID No
Appliance Description
Test Date
Vis pass/fail
Earth bond result
IR result
Overall Pass/fail
Retest Date

the earth bond also doubles up for the alternative IT test as well,.

Incidentally, the above info is also printed off from our machine at work.

you
could use the serial number for your appliance ID, but its long job that way, mine usually the initials of the company/individual who owns the kit, the starts 001 equpment descrition stops labels being swapped (never seen it, but hey)

Hi,

Like you i designed my own. I have a header which basically states :

Its a 230v report or 410v Use whichever one is relevant.
The test date the retest date, i tend to inspect and test everything once a year, it saves time on admin and it saves the clients money as they arent paying for minimum charges, class 1 being inspected every six months etc etc. This of course assumes i think the place is safe to leave for a year.

The test equipment type and serial number

The tester

The sites name and address.

I then have the body of the form with columns which going across reads the

Item ID (I make them up myself, as other post stated using the serial number can be hellishly time consuming)
Wattage VA
Category (1, 2 or 3)
Earth continuity
Insulation Resistance
Touch Leakage
Polarity (Y/N)
Visual pass (Y/N)
Overall pass Y only as if it fails anything and cant be fixed it doesnt get on the form

This is all done on an Excel form so that the data can be sorted by any of the column headings.

If you want I can send you a copy of mine I use in Excel, took a while to set up with all of the relevant info and also my logo's etc but you are welcome to have them and change as required. Let me know if you want them.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your information, Do you write down the values of the tests or just a simple pass ?

jackc That would be great if you could send me a copy !! Im running vista if it matters ?

Matt

Hi Yes i do where there is a measurement taken. This protects me should there ever be any problem, it helps protect the client if ever a problem and it also builds the history over time which again if ever there is a problem it all helps to show that every effort is being made

Burntwire,
Send me details of where to e mail the file and I will gladly send it on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back