Central Heating Diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just had to fit a new diverter valve (Mid/3position)I have connected it colour for colour the way the old one was connected.
My problem is that the valve is working the opposite to what it should ie call for hot water only turns on central heating and v :( v call for central heating turns on hot water.
2 years ago I had all the controls and new boiler storage tank fitted by warm front. When all should be off the Mid valve was still energised this I believe is wrong.
I have now had to turn the mid valve upside down to get the desired operation condition.

(Ironically this valve is from an Australian company lol)

Sponsored Links
what valve model etc is it ?
what port have you got to hw A or B ?
what wires have you put to each colour ?

When all should be off the Mid valve was still energised this I believe is wrong.

what do you mean by off mains power or just call for heat/hw ?

!st thing is check that the port marked B goes to the hw cylinder.If you wired it correctly it would operate as you described.Look for the simple things first.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your speedy reply
what valve model etc is it ?
what port have you got to hw A or B ?
what wires have you put to each colour ?

When all should be off the Mid valve was still energised this I believe is wrong.

Q what do you mean by off mains power or just call for heat/hw ?

A off from programmer i.e. time activated off

Difficult to view but here goes
1. what valve model etc is it ? Valve is an Ikon
2. what port have you got to hw A or B ?
No markings
3 what wires have you put to each colour

(a) (All greys have a brown sleeve) all greys together.
(b) White with Brown Sleeve from Valve to Black with brown sleeve {assume from} programmer.
(c) Orange (brown Sleeve) to Pump Brown

other connections are present but difficult to work out where from and to what.

Many thanks for your reply expect this even more difficult for you to answer remotely.

Ikon from travis perkins.

white - from room stat call
grey - from cylinder stat satisfied/hw off at programmer
orange - pump/boiler swl
earth
neutral

Ikon from travis perkins.

white - from room stat call
grey - from cylinder stat satisfied/hw off at programmer
orange - pump/boiler swl
earth
neutral

Thanks again
I think that I am going to have to renew all wiring with conventionaly colour coded types to make sure that the programmer pump stats and mid pos valve are all connected as should be.

Even though none conventional cables have been used in part of the circuit i.e standard 3core twin and earth cable used in place of colour coded.
On further inspection the wiring appears to be connected correctly to all items.

Regards osca3rd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back