Remeha Weather Compensation - Celcia 20 v iSense

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm interested in including this on combi install at my place. Currently we don't have any internal wall mounted thermostat so want at least some form of timer/thermostat including when we do the work.

With regards to timers I understand the two above named ones are the recommended(or at least Remeha supplied) options. As we currently don't have anything I'm sort of inclined to go the wireless route rather than channeling wired in round the house now, but if we had to I guess we could find somewhere for it to go without causing a massive mess.

What I can't fathom though is what I lose on the iSense wireless bit not being Opentherm, whereas the wired version of both is Opentherm standard. Is that really going to affect me not having that standard? Also on the iSense there is occasionally a reference to the iBase which I presume is the part located at the boiler. Is this always part of the boiler or does it come with the iSense(or seperate again as I can't find it in any brochures/trade price lists).

I've located 1 installer so far who has done Remehas, but he has never done weather comp. I also emailed Broag sales to see what info they could give me on local installers etc. but they gave no response yet after a week. Anyone know any installers in the Bournemouth area or how to find out?

Sponsored Links
With regards to timers I understand the two above named ones are the recommended(or at least Remeha supplied) options. As we currently don't have anything I'm sort of inclined to go the wireless route rather than channeling wired in round the house now, but if we had to I guess we could find somewhere for it to go without causing a massive mess.
You can use any make programmer you like.

According to the list of approved Opentherm products on the Opentherm website, both the wired and wireless version of the iSense are Opentherm. I have a feeling it got lost in translation form the Dutch.

Also on the iSense there is occasionally a reference to the iBase which I presume is the part located at the boiler. Is this always part of the boiler or does it come with the iSense(or separate again as I can't find it in any brochures/trade price lists).
The wired version is just one component, the iSense. The wireless version has two components: a wireless version of the iSense (iSense RF) and the iBase. If you buy the wireless version you will get both iSense RF and iBase. The iBase connects by wire to the boiler.

I also emailed Broag sales to see what info they could give me on local installers etc. but they gave no response yet after a week. Anyone know any installers in the Bournemouth area or how to find out?
Broag are not very good at answering customers' emails. Your best bet is to phone them on 0118 974 3060. They do not appear to hold details of installers, but they will tell you who your nearest stockists are. You can then ask the stockists for names of installers who have installed Remeha boilers and how many they have done. They may even be able to tell you who has installed weather comp.

I have just found This on the net; it's in German and English (green). On PDF page 13 there is an article about using KNX to provide Opentherm RF systems and on PDF page 15 it says that the first product to use this is the iSense RF.

I think that clinches it. ;)

However it is expensive - about €200. :eek: Honeywell have announced a wireless Opentherm Programmer CM957. It's in their catalogue but not in the shops yet. Give them a phone 01344 656172.

Sponsored Links
Go for the Celcia 20 control just as good as i-sense for a domestic job, but only about £90 ;)

Go for the Celcia 20 control just as good as i-sense for a domestic job, but only about £90 ;)
But the Celcia 20 is not wireless, which is what the OP wants.

The iSense and iSense RF are both Opentherm - read my first post.

The Celcia 20 is not wireless, but it only needs a data cable to connect the bus +/- which is not normally a difficult job to do and will save the OP about £200 ! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back