tiling bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im a tiling virgin bought b&q adhesive and grout in tub it goes chalky and doesnt stick did i do wrong

Sponsored Links
No you did nothing wrong just used a sub standard product.Adhesive and grout in one are not very good,its either one thing or the other and will always struggle to be both.

Was the wall surface dust?This won't help the adhesive so I always prime walls with acrylic primer.

I've used the cerafix tub adhesive from B&Q many years ago and found it to be ok.Also the cerafix powdered grout is not bad either.

no its not dust but i am tiling over painted plaster which has a good coat on it is this ok or should i scrape it of also i have applied a coat of pva

Sponsored Links
also i have applied a coat of pva
The crap product aside, the main reason why it ain't sticking is cos you used PVA on the tile base in the probably the worst possible scenario of a painted wall - DO NOT USE PVA OVER A TILE BASE . I'm now even beginning to bore myself with this one :rolleyes:

Scrape it all off & start again with some decent trade products ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back