hoover se220 washing machine not turning/ spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Was wondering if anyone could advise. My hoover se220 washing machine has decided recently not to turn or spin at all. It originally refused to spin on a normal wash but would on the wool wash. Now its just not turning at all. It goes through the rest of the cycle and the clothes come out wet in places (the ones at the bottom).
I checked the brushes on the motor and they are fine. I've checked the hoses and they look clear although the pump did have water in it when I checked that.
Is it possible its not draining and therefore not spinning? would that mean the pump has died? One of the connections to the pump does look a bit dodgy.
I'm running out of ideas and don't want to go buy a pump if its not the problem so any advice greatfully recieved...

Sponsored Links
Does the pump hum when on spin,have you cleaned filter/pump/drain hose does the water drain out under 30 secounds

hello
have tried it on an empty wool cycle so i could see what was happening- water is draining away but drum is not turning.
Lots of noises being made but nothing going on spin wise so guessing its not the pump....
getting steadily more confused..

How much carbon is left on the brushes ,they could be sticking in the holder .

Sponsored Links
its def not the brushes- I've checked them and they were only replaced the other month so practically new....

update on annoying washine machine.
I checked the pump and stuff, nothing was clogged, checked a few connections and tried the thing again and it worked- for a few goes...
It now turns a couple of times when i start the program and thats it, the drum doesn't turn again for the entire thing but water does drain in and out...
Any ideas?

Just to let anyone else know who is reading this and thinking- thats what my machines doing...
Turns out to have been a dodgy soldered joint on the pcb. Took the board out, checked around and with a bit of solder and crossed fingers (not at the same time) machine is now working properly, clothes coming out lovely, clean and well spun....
Just hoping its not a fluke!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back