Baxi 105e Water under Furnace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 105e and water keeps appearing in the area near the pump and circuit board. I have traced it and the water is puddling in the tray just under the furnace shown in the pic, and eventually leaks from the tray. Could anyone tell me what is causing the water build up please.

Sponsored Links
Yes its more than likley the O ring seals in the H.E that req replacing.

flue is usueally platsered in and mortered in, so the plaster and morter is hacked off, the flue is removed and renewed.

Baxi would have to be involved to let you know a new flue is available for a boiler of that era (pre-condensing). You won't be able to buy a seal it would be the whole flue to replace.

If it only does it when it's raining you have a different problem.

Sponsored Links
Are you responding to a different post Paul?
Seals are on Heat exchanger which forms part of the combustion chamber which takes us into the realm of you needing to be competent and registered to undertake the work in question.
Not a huge job or particularly taxing in answer to your question. With good access and the o-rings to hand an engineer should take no more than an hour to do including all their safety checks.

Dont forget you may need new seals to pump manifold and new 3/4 washer to primary left hand side diverter, How many times rojaca half the bloody water section has to be changed cos you disturbed something,, not a bad job like you said matey if you have the room to work round the boiler, shawd :LOL:

only half? you've been getting away too lightly.

I've never had to remove the flue from a 105e to replace primary HE seals, you do have to get the side off of the inner box though so it is a RGI job. In theopry this should be an easy job....in practice NO!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back