oil boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler has cut out,(the main cut out not the overheat cut out) when reset it fired up but belched out black smoke.
this is the first time it has done this but
i have had problrms for some time with it cutting out and worcester replaced just about every part over the last couple of months
it is a 20/25 danesmore 8 yrs old with balanced flue
any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It seems that there is some underlying fault that the Worcester staff have missed. They are generally quite good compared with some other firms.

I cannot guess what it is unless something has physically blocked the combustion flow path.

You dot mention the financial side of your transactions but the obvious answer is to call them back!

Tony

You won't get anywhere without knowing what the oil pump pressure is - it should be typically between 110 and 140 psi.
The boiler then needs a thorough clean before any more concrete diagnosis can take place - in the form of a smoke test, followed by a flue gas analysis.
John :)

Sponsored Links
my boiler has cut out,(the main cut out not the overheat cut out) when reset it fired up but belched out black smoke.

When I read that I interpreted it that the boiler continues to produce black smoke.

On reading it again the OP may mean it just gave out black smoke for a few seconds on startup.

If the latter then it would just be the unburnt oil burning as a failure to ignite will cause some oil to accumulate in the boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back