High pressure, combi boiler, how to release?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, first post here, I've been to these forums before but never needed to post as i've found the info I needed before but cant find what I need this time.

I recently moved into a house, it has a Vokera Maxin combi boiler. Had a problem with one of the rads (it fell off the wall) but have sorted that out, now the boiler has pressure going past 3 bar (after sorting the rad I set set the pressure a 1 bar). Is there any way of me sorting this myself or should I be calling out a plumber.
Is my boiler going to explode?
Cheers
Crissy

:EDIT: I noticed the high pressure when the hot tap in upstairs bathroom stopped working.

Sponsored Links
Has the filling loop been removed?

Reduce pressure by draining some water out of a drain point under a rad.

If pressure keeps rising, suspect the pressure vessel needs recharging. :(

BAHCO said:
...........Reduce pressure by draining some water out of a drain point under a rad.

It's easier to use the pressure relief valve, and if it leaks afterwards, either the water is dirty or the valve is duff. Replace it. If the expansion vessel needs attention, the valve is probably operating now and again anyway.

Cheers for the replies! Where would I find a pressure release valve :eek: ?
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that, found the brass bit with the red cap inside the flap on the boiler front that you have to unscrew. Good job I've seen some heating engineers work on similar boilers or I would of had to ask where the pressure release valve was!
Cheers for all your help. Boiler now sorted!
Crissy

Thatl'l be £5000.00 callout plus parts, send money to any local criminal, the numbers are in the yellow pages uner CORGI gas fitters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back