Timer Fan Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a timer fan with terminals N, L, & S/L, and also with an integral pull switch. I'm told I should simply loop-in to the SL terminal from the L terminal - is this correct? The instructions show nothing coming into the terminals. It's fed from a ring main spur & fused at 3amps, so I have twin & earth going through a dp isolator. I would have preferred to go from a lighting circuit, but the layout was very difficult. All of this was advised by a qualified sparks, but he didn't exactly fill me with confidence...
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Breezer - you da man!! Excellent section for the 'electrically-challenged', like myself. Many thanks (also to other contributors to "For reference").
I could probably think of a few more things to be clarified, then I wouldn't have to spend all that money on reference books..

post locked to prevent hi-jacking (again).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back