Oven switch on rangemaster advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an electric leisure range master 110.
After cooking tea i switched the fan oven off "right hand side" thus knob selector was now pointing to 12 o clock but noticed that the oven was still on 10 minutes later and fan was still spining.
Any advice what may be the issue.
Also where can i get a detailed photo of what/hjow to remove an item so the part can be replaced.

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Remove the control knob it has probably broken at the back and not gripping the shaft of the oven selector/thermostat.

They usually just pull off.

I have now had a better look at the cooker and noticed that the shaft is not central to where it should be.
The knob is perfect and not broken and grips the shaft fine.
With the knob removed the shaft is slightly facing downwards and i can hold it and move it up to where it should sit when new but as soon as i let go it falls to the down losition again.
I assume that the item that the shaft with the flat side on it is the item that needs replacing.
Just looking around does the item below look like what i need to replace.
Any clues as to how i get to remove it.
I need to know how to get to the back of the fascia which is where the switches are mnounted.
2305WinCE.jpg
[/img]

The selector has some cams on that lock it into the various positions, I have seen the cam shaft slip around the metal shaft so that it no longer sits in the correct position usually due to the selector heating up for some reason.

Without seeing it though I could not be any more help.

Sponsored Links
Just looking around does the item below look like what i need to replace.
Any clues as to how i get to remove it.

2305WinCE.jpg
[/img]
No, the fan oven selector is shorter than that, and to replace it you will need to remove the tops and the facia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back