Replacing Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm replacing my old internal doors with new white moulded panel doors.

Can anyone give me some advice on where to start with painting the door frames in preparation for the new doors going up...

What type of paint do I need use and how many coats do I need to give the frames?

The frames were painted with bright white gloss a few years ago so I am concerned that the frames will not match the skirting if I use bright white gloss again.

The new doors are primed so once they are up do I just need to give them a coat of gloss?

Thank you in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links
Hi

I'm replacing my old internal doors with new white moulded panel doors.

Can anyone give me some advice on where to start with painting the door frames in preparation for the new doors going up...

What type of paint do I need use and how many coats do I need to give the frames?

The frames were painted with bright white gloss a few years ago so I am concerned that the frames will not match the skirting if I use bright white gloss again.

The new doors are primed so once they are up do I just need to give them a coat of gloss?

Thank you in advance for any advice

Sand frames with med sandpaper, undercoat (preferably), sand blemishes, gloss coat.

On the doors, the edges may be bare wood. Treat any knots with knotting. Prime bare edges. Undercoat edges. Undercoat whole door and do the edges again. Gloss the whole door.

Hi

Thanks for your reply!

Can anyone recommend a colour so that when I paint the frames they won't stand out too much?

The skirting was previously painted dulux pure brilliant white about two years ago so it has faded a little now.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Why don't you just do them with the same white gloss as before?

As the skirting boards were only done two years ago the frames and doors will soon go slightly yellow.

Any other colour would probably look terrible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back