Extractor fan wiring problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a expelair gx6t to replace my old fan and am confused about the wiring diagram it seems to be showing a switched dead short or am i missing something I thought you just had to provide a permanent live to the timer connection my unit is dia E2

Sponsored Links
The permanent line provides the run on after switching off the switched line. You need the switched line to trigger the fan. The centre diagram shows an indicator lamp between the switched line and neutral. The switched line also goes to the aux. connector.
The diagram is a little difficult to see.

Sponsored Links
E3 is interesting.

Maybe someone should tell Xpelair about 132.14.1, 530.3.2....

If they do say that, I don't know where. I know where they say that equipment shall be installed in accordance with the MI, but not sure that equates to the MI having precedence over the regulations when they would involve a clear contravention.

There's also 133.2 to consider - maybe it would be a contravention of the regulations to select an item of electrical equipment which requires a contravention of other regulations in order to be installed?

Thought of a good wheeze if you're right though - start selling cable with an instruction "not to be used for circuits with RCD protection" - solve at a stroke the pesky problem of 522.6.7 when adding new light switches etc :D.

Thanks for all your replies its all sorted thanks to your help a bit of common sense and of cause ignoring the instructions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back