High Low Security Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it normal for a high/low security light with PIR to turn off as part of the process? - What I'm seeing is as follows:

- At Dusk, security light comes on at "low level" lighting

- When movement is sensed by the PIR, the light switches to "high" for the period of time set on the timer (1min)

- After the period of time has passed without movement the light swicthes from "high" to "low" for about 1second and then turns off where it remains off for 3-5seconds.

- After this time the light turns back on at "low" level until movement is seen again.

If this was a normal PIR light this would be expected in that the light would be off, come on with movement and then turn off when no movement is seen and then only re-light when movement happens again.

I would have however thought that with a "high/low security light" the light would switch from "low" to "high" to "low" again and only turn off when the sun rises in the morning.

The light has a 60W GLS ES bulb as stated in the instructions.

Does anyone else have experience with these types of security lights and can confirm this is expected?

Sponsored Links
Ask the people who made it? They should know what states and transitions they designed into it.

The light is an IQ Security High Low light.

I've tried to call them but didn't get any response and the documentation doesn't say what is meant to happen when it switches from high to low except saying that it should "return to it's previous state" which it does but with a few seconds of the light being turned off. I'm not sure if that's to let the bulb to cool down.

I'm hoping there is someone else who has these types of lights who can confirm if their one does this too... It's more for peace of mind in case it's not working as expected.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back