Zanussi FLS-1185QW (quick\\\'n\\\'clean 1050) Drum Not Turni

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

If anyone can help

Above mentioned machine, drum not turning. Had the back off, cannot see anything wrong with the belt, drum moves freely. Does anyone know where on the timer PCB I can check for supply voltages to the motor to make sure everything is ok up to there, then I can concentrate on the motor itself. Unless of course this is a common problem and someone knows the fix.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the motor brushes? If you have got the back off it's best to remove the motor so you can get at the screws securing the brushes. When they are fully worn there is about 1/4" of carbon protruding from the brass holders.

Hi mate

Yeah, just finished checking the brushes. There is about 1/4" on them, guess there a gonner. Although I did give em a good clean with switch cleaner and put it all back together and did get the drum to spin, but I'm gonna need a new set. What sort of carbon length to you get on a new set ??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back