powershower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a head of water of approx. 1.2 m in an upstairs grav. feed system, i.e from top of cold water tank to max elevation of shower heads. I wish to supply two showers with boost pressure, albeit only one in ten times at the same time. my idea would be to put a 2.5/3 bar pump into the system next to the h.w tank.One of the effects will be to boost hot water pressure in the downstairs taps (the cold water is mains).is this ok?. do I need a pos or neg feed pump.

Sponsored Links
Sonic again

Firstly - sorry about spelling - hope u see what words were meant - I thought I used spell check - ah well.

The idea was to supply two showers and to split the pump outlet cold and hot pipes into two each - one of each to each shower. When both pumps on (subject to valve adjustment at shower end) 1.5 pressure would go to both and still give a good shower.

If the pump does not allow a bypass by switching I was also thinking of piping around pump to bypass in vent of failure and thus still allow a gravity fed shower.

If I find out more I'll post again (unless someone in the know has responded already!)
D

MOD

please see item 20

your post is here

Damn!

My first reply seems to have disappeared.

MOD

your post is HERE please read the comments on your last post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back