triton topaz t100i electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a triton topaz t100i electric shower , not sure how old it is as was already installed when moved in house 4years ago. Had no problems with shower until now, no matter what settings economy or high and increasing the temp on the dial i only get cold water, any help would be appreciated, thanks steve.

Sponsored Links
check the tco ontop of the heat can for continuity with a multi meter.
make sure the showers power is off.
TRITO_22010070_view.png

have now checked using multimeter making contact with the tco each side where the screws are located nothing happens on the reading and dont get any tone from multimeter

Sponsored Links
if your not getting a continuity bleep on meter then the tco is open circuit
(faulty)
another way to double check it is when showers power on it should have 230v bothsides.

thanks for response just a bit concerned of doing this with power on, is there anything i can accidentally touch or keep away from as dont want to get a shock, thanks

most wires in the shower will be live when the powers on if you don't feel safe then don't do it.
if you didn't get a continuity reading etc then thats good enough.

isolate the shower and remove the tco, remembering what wires you took off each terminal.

while replacing the tco check the inlet filter, shower head etc are clean as
a restricted flow will cause a tco to activate.

will order a new tco and see how i go, just like to say big thanks to seco services for your help, steve

i am fitting the new tco , i have cleaned shower head but where is the inlet filter, can`t see anything in the manual about it, thanks steve

have now fitted tco and tested shower, works fine just could do with info on how/where inlet filter is so i can check and clean it,thanks steve

hi steve.

if you isolate the water feed to the shower and unscrew the brass nut that connects the fitting to the plastic part of the shower.
either pull the copper pipe off or unscrew the shower unit and slide it sideways.

the gauze filter will be inside the plastic tube that the mains water pipe connects to.

glad you sorted the tco. ;)

thanks seco services for info on filter, shower is working ok just wanted to check filter. Would also like to give you 10/10 for all your help, steve :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back