Honeywell Cm927/921 -Worcester Bosch 25Si combi - old model

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I thought this was going to be an easy job but it's turning out into a ball ache...grr!
I'm hoping someone can help.
I previously had a wall thermostat wired into the Ns, Ls and Lr inputs on the boiler.
Ive disconnected this and wired up the receiver box as per instructions, at least I think so!

I have a live, neutral and earth from the 5amp switched socket going into the boiler, L, N, E connections via a terminal block, where I've taken a L, N feed and run this to the Receiver unit, N and first L.

I have then run a L from the receiver to the Ls on the boiler, a N from the receiver to the Ns on the boiler and a third connection to the B input on the receiver thru the Lr on the boiler. I have then run a small wire from a L on the receiver to the A input on the receiver.

problems

1. the boiler front panel control knob is now redundant - I have permanent power...
2. the receiver isnt switching the boiler heating on - the unit itself appears to be working, as least it connects to the transmitter and goes on and off but this has no impact on the boiler...
3. I now have a flashing red light on the front panel on the heater light

all in all it's a pain in the ...

Any help appreciated..

thanks

Sponsored Links
For starters, take the last piece of cable out from the Perm L to the A on the CM927 receiver.

A and B should just go to Ls and Lr, no other connections reqd.

Thanks Simon,
so no neutral connection is required to the Receiver-Boiler?
This doesnt look like the manual (option b) that came with the unit.
Ive read so many different options re wiring this up its becoming a case of wood for the trees...

Sponsored Links
This is very simple,

You connect Ls and Lr of the boiler to A and B of the receiver (either way round, labelling all cables BROWN).

You connect Live to L of the reciever
You connect Neutral to N of the receiver.

Job done, put the kettle on.

Thanks guys - all is good with the receiver. Boiler pilot light/spark is out causing the red flashing light...
next challenge :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back