Vaillant Ecotec 837 Plus Flow problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an Ecotec 837 Plus combi boiler fitted three years ago and have never been happy with the flow that I am getting. I have recently fitted a new Aqualisa digital shower and the flow isn't great.

I have tested the flow out of the bath taps and am getting approx 9l per minute. Can anyone please offer any advice or things I could check to increase the flow rate being acheived.

Sponsored Links
What l/m do you get from the first cold water draw off in your house. ( usually kitchen sink) You need to know whats coming in before you start looking for problems elsewhere.

Could be you've got crap incoming flow an plumber never checked before fitting :confused:

11.25l coming into the cold kitchen tap. I am suddenly seeing the wood from the trees. Sorry I'm a slow learner :oops:

Is this lower than normal. Is there anything I can do about it ?

you can depending on circumstances:
- run a new bigger bore main from the road
- install a booster set on the incoming supply (big, makes noise)
- install an accumulator on incoming supply (even bigger, no noise)

incidentally what wally installed an 837 when you only have 11 l/min?

Sponsored Links
What is involved with regard to time, cost and disruption running a new bore main from the road ?

I don't like the sound of the other two.

I now realise my plumber was clueless.

dig a trench, put a big bit of plastic pipe in it, get water board to come and connect it, fill hole. The only difficult bit is liasing with the water board.
Obviously if you have a tarmac drive or blockwork or something then you got bigger worries.

Thanks for your help. I have a concrete drive so it doesn't seem possible just now as I can't afford to replace it.

Is it worth phoning the water board to ask if there is any way that they can increase the supply flow ?

Unfortunately I don't have a side. Driveway out front which the incoming pipe is underneath. There is a gravel area out the front as well which would be the better option but how do I tie it into the existing supply ?

there are companies that do a thing called moling. Self explanatory really. Not sure what it costs though.

Before you dig up your drive... Do make sure that your stop cock is fully open.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back