garage alarm wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
accidentally ripped the wiring in my garage alarm. Trying to put it back together but the joining wires are different colours. Can anybody let me know which wires go to which in the pic below??

wiring.jpg

Sponsored Links
I don't think there is a standard as such for alarm wiring colour codes, it is anyones guess as to which goes where. It is odd that you only have 5 cores in the top cable - are you sure it isn't 6 core?
The only way to tell is to work out which colour is doing what at the panel and which is doing what at the remote end.

Not a hope in hell my son. Sorry. :(

You will need to find out where each individual wire is connected, check in the instructions as to what goes where, and then connected them up.

Sponsored Links
just looked at the other end of the cable with 5 wires. there is 6 coming out atthat end, a red cable being the missing one. mustve got stuck inside the sheath.

does that help me out or am i still stuck?

It doesn't help a lot, what do you mean ripped? Were they both the same length of cable?

the wires went into a junction box when they were accidentally ripped out when storing a large item in the garage.

heres a pic of the wires & junction box

the wire on the left, im guessing, goes to the power supply. the wire on the right goes to the sensors on the bottom of the garage door.

wiring2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back