shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there

I am not a plumber but have made various enquiries of a similar nature and share my understanding as follows. One rider - I am sure some real plumbers may want to correct me wherever - that should get you some replies. :D

I am not looking to bost the hot water to taps but looking to install pump to en suite shower and new bathroom shower - ie two of one 3 bar pump.

I believe you need to take a new cold feed from near bottom of cold storage tank to pump inlet and ideally take hot feed from near top of hot cylinder using, it has ben suggested, an Essex flange joint. If you have an escape value for pressure build up going to cold tank you still need this. There is a question about how much and how quickly water gets used up with a 3 bar pump. My cylinder is 114 litres - I have yet to find out litres/minute pumped through - of course some of that will be cold water - another poster has used a pump to run two showers and didn't mention a larger cyclinder - said it was ok. Pipework typically 22 m so I believe.

I have chosen positive pump (is negative pumping backwards - I don;t know!) and have read nothing to indicate when need negative - seemed more unusual. Mains water should not be pumped and gravity pressure should be plenty for taps. I am awaiting a plumbers opinion so may know more soon! The head required seesm to be more a matter of inches (10 or so perhaps) so you should be fine.

As I am not a real plumber i would urge you to seek a professional opinion before deciding how to proceed but hope my comment give a feel for what is involved. No doubt the pump itself will have instructions too!

Anyone got any views on using either compression joints or plastic piping rather than soldered joints?

Regards
D

MOD

split from hi jacked post

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back