scottish hydro boiler cover - Application declined!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I applied for their full heating and boiler cover last week, but they refused to cover as we have an Ideal Icos boiler.

I know its not regarded as a good boiler.... but, damn it! :(

Anyone else had similar experince trying to get cover?

Sponsored Links
No not heard of it, but my opinion of Scottish Hydro has gone up!

LOL :LOL:

Some service providers exclude certain ages of boiler (10+) but thats the first model specific exclusion ive heard of.

ye kinda sucks for me, i know how bad it is, hence the need for cover!!
might try my luck with someone else

Sponsored Links
Try BG/SG they will take anything on contract these days, do it quick beofre youre heat exchanger goes

It's unfortunate that you are landed with this appliance, however, these service plans are complete waste of money!!

Stick £15/month in a Bank account & when your boiler breaks down you'll have dosh to cover the expense. It may be a long shot!!..........But you might be lucky & the pile of sh.te may not break down!!

We get 5 new customers a week from BG, cause of their poor service & cowboy employees! I can't see Scottish Hydro being much better??

You could always get an extended warranty from Ideal themselves.

I think it is around £40/quarter.

BG didnt ask me the make of my Boiler, online, like SHE did. So hopefully i'll sneak it in, without them telling me how ****e my boiler is. worked out cheaper than SHE too actually.

There's got to be a good Plumbing/Heating firm in Alva, Alloa or even Stirling that'll look after your boiler for you??

Giving your hard earned cash to the CPS(cowboys in polo shirts) at Scottish Gas is throwing it away FFS!!

Delta.................you've got some issues with BG haven't you!!!

How are they all cowboys?

I work for them. Don't mis-sell, good quality score,good output, happy customers. Chip in with the odd sale, which is needed. Advise customers if they are wasting money on certain cover etc.

2 complaints in 10years, 8 jobs a day on average. Man, that's a lot of people not complaining.

C'mon give the good guys a break :D

delta t aka dick puller has issues with everything

including his brain
dunce.gif

BG didnt ask me the make of my Boiler, online, like SHE did. So hopefully i'll sneak it in, without them telling me how s***te my boiler is. worked out cheaper than SHE too actually.
don't worry about it being an ideal with BG. They won't mind!

Once the pcb has failed, the electrodes warped and the condense trap blocked on the coldest day of the year you'll be glad of the cover. These boilers are defo worth the cover as the failure rate is high.

Ignore Delta he will start pulling your house wiring apart to perform unnecessary electrical tests then charge you for the privilege.

£15 into a bank account each month £180 a year.
Might just be enough for a yearly service and bi-annual pcb failure without something else breaking.
Well done to that company i bet the BG guys wish they had that policy regards certain boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back