Soil branch info

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Could someone please advise what the maximum permitted branch length from wc to soil stack is? I seem to remember its either 6 or 8m?

I have looked at the Part H regs, but cant seem to find the info!
:rolleyes:
Also, what does each bend reduce this maximum length by?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I don't think there is one, as long as the gradient's right (eg 1 in 40). Size it for load and you should be OK, but consider venting issues.

A call to your local Building Control chappies would sort it. I always find them very helpful. ;)

Thanks for the reply, spoke to bc today, who were indeed very helpful.

They said as long as i can get the fall required (although they said 1 in 60) no probs. But I would need to install a stub stack and AAV near the wc, and ensure that any elbows were accesible for rodding...............

So hopefully all ok.............

Sponsored Links
interestingly, when I was doing research for my project I read the part H document (although I'm in scotland) and if you read the section in this document http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/br/BR_PDF_ADH_2002.pdf, Page 9, Table 2

it indicates that the minimum fall is 18mm per metre (about 1 in 55), there is then a note that says it can be reduced to 9mm per metre (about 1 in 110) :eek:

I was surprised as everyone mentions 1 in 40 which I assume to be best practice.

In the end my job was roughly an 8m branch with 2 x WC's and roughly a 1 in 50 fall. I've had zero problems and on checking the pipe it's as clean as you would expect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back