washer problem renault laguna

Sponsored Links
Jets partially blocked, or foreign material in washer bottle, put hosepipe in washer bottle to flush out, then try.

Wotan

Thank you Wotan I have replaced the jets so I will try the hose pipe tomorrow I will keep you posted thanks again

Tried hosepipe slight improvement .to get to the reservoir and pump.the front bumper has to come off looking like a garage job thanks for your tips.

Sponsored Links
A good tip for diagnosing this, is; does the rear washer work good, but fronts bad?

As the fronts are used more, this indicates that the reversible motor is fubar.

Don't mess about buying new, nobody ever scrapped a car for their washers not working..buy from a scrappy.

hi micky moody thanks for your tip its actually the other way round the back doesnt work at all i think its jammed somwhere between front and back as i still get the same trickle from the front when i operate the back washer switch ill just have to find the time to get into it huge job as the front bumper has to come off thanks for your help

The electrics in Lagunas aren't the best, from experience, so if the motor is good, but working woefully, then the voltage to it isn't the best. Everything in the car is powered by relay, so maybe you have a burnt out relay, in that circuit? Or the wiring isn't earthed correctly?

Test the motor via an external source, check the earths. And check the owners club, some allow you to post a taster question for free, and then you have to pay up to join, but my limited experience of Lagunas, is that they have a history of electrical failures. Checking the owners club might reveal a common issue?

I know how frustrating it is to receive drip drip information...but fingers crossed for you.

hi mickymoody thanks for your tips i know what you mean about the electrics cost a fortune for various faults with the washers i was hoping for an easy fix but it looks like bite the bullet time and get on with stripping half the car off to get to it (great design)ill let you know how i get on thanks again

Sponsored Links
Back