Updating CH Programmer & room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I have used this forum so many times and I have now joined as I need help!!

I am looking at replacing my central heating programmer and room stat ready for the winter.

Currently I have the danfoss 4033 mk 3 paired with an old honeywell room stat. Can anyone recommend what i should up grade to? I just have a conventional central heating system with mid position valve.

By looking at my 4033 I can clearly see what connections i need to make, But port number 3 which i guess is Ch off does not have a wire going to it.. is this normal?

The rest I have worked out is

1 - A jumper lead to live
2- CH on
3- Ch off
4- DHW on
5- DHW off
6- live
7- Neutral
8- Earth

If i was just to buy any programmer would it just be a case of wiring in this configuration?

Thanks

Jon

:)

Sponsored Links
I'd go for the latest Honeywell programmer. It has pre-programmed date/time in it, has automated daylight saving so it goes 1 hr forward in spring and an hour back in autumn, nicely backlit and easy to programme.

I'd go for a simple honeywell stat too unless you want a posh digital or a programmable stat (I had a danfos programmable roomstat on a combi I had and really got to appreciate it..it saved me money)

As for wiring..they include instructions or employ an electrician or RGI who knows what he/she is doing.

I'l come back with a model number. ST9400C

Alfredo

Currently I have the danfoss 4033 mk 3 paired with an old honeywell room stat.
Is the Danfoss 4033 still in working order? If so, you can retain it for HW time control and just buy a programmable thermostat to replace the existing thermostat. The Honeywell CM901/907 (wired) or CM921/927 (wireless) are very good.

Another option is the Honeywell Sundial RF 2 Pack 2. This replaces the Danfoss 4033 for heating and hot water and gives you a separate wireless room stat.

But port number 3 which i guess is Ch off does not have a wire going to it.. is this normal?
Yes; CH OFF is not used.

If i was just to buy any programmer would it just be a case of wiring in this configuration?
Most programmers now use a standardised terminal layout.

Buy the controls then, if you have any queries about wiring, ask again - same topic please. ;)

Thanks people...

Yeah the 4033 is working but i want more control over the timings of hot water and heating as i tend to be out and about most of the week..

I was looking at the honeywell st9400c, so will prob plump for this..

Thats good about terminal 3, should now be straight forward. Thanks again guys

While on the subject, I have just moved into my house and it has an old boiler but i cant afford a new one at the mo, so i am gonna give teh system a thorough clean. What cleaning product do you all recommend, i was gonna opt for the fernox ds40... Is this any good??

Jon

Sponsored Links
While on the subject, I have just moved into my house and it has an old boiler but i cant afford a new one at the mo, so i am gonna give teh system a thorough clean. What cleaning product do you all recommend, i was gonna opt for the fernox ds40... Is this any good??

May I suggest that you upgrade your knowledge about heating systems by quite a bit, before you start experimenting?

As you just moved in, this would actually be the very best time to invest a little time and money in finding a good RGI to service your boiler, and give your whole system a once over to see what is good and what isn't.
Provided you find a chap that is good and not overly greedy, about 100 quid should do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back