Is IT LEVEL?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new fence fitted and very pleased apart from the back panels. the side is spot on..........

Here are the back

The left panel is about 20 mm lower than the other 2 and panel 3 looks very unlevel to my untrained eye! :rolleyes:

They came on a call back yesterday and asked me exactly what did I want doing....."Do you want us to raise the panels by 20 mm"

I replied "can you level all the back panels" He agreed but when I returned from the Bureau you can see by the pics his idea of level! :rolleyes:

I phoned him back twice but could not get hold of him.....I presume they were busy on callbacks! :LOL:

He said today that he had put the spirit level across but I think it may have worn out!
He is coming back on Tuesday.

Discuss please and see if you can spot it.

Sponsored Links
can see the drop on the 1st panel.
can't notice much on the 3rd panel.

you only need a chip on the corner of the gravel board and that can drop it 20mm.
which look worse once the panel is in.

Just pack it up on the concrete post slot under the gravel board up a bit next to the shed/garage, you won't notice

Sponsored Links
does look like a tilt on it towards the shed.
hard to tell by pic but hold a ruler level on panel 2 trellis then i can see it.

The idea of the gravel board is to get a neat edge that the drive goes up to or they sit neatly on top with a bit of muck. This then discourages plants from growing. Yours looks a right mess and you'll probably have to poke something under them to tidy them up. If you lever them up on to a brick you'll be able to do this. Unless I, or a customer wanted it left like it is, its a poor job.

//www.diynot.com/network/wreckedit/albums/

See what we did a few months ago and we are 140 combined years.

This was done to stop next doors water shed coming on to the drive.

Are you getting ready for another bonfire?

It's your ground that is uneven - not his fence.

Sponsored Links
Back