Combi minus hot water - Suspect Diverter valve now what???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any advice appreciated

Icon 28t combi boiler. Have to turn hot water fully on to get boiler to fire up (in summer/hot water selection)
The micro switch activated by the head of the diverter valve works ok and fires up boiler when pressed. BUT the diverter head only comes out enough when hot water tap fully on.
I am guessing the diaphragm is split/gunked up and not operating fully at lower pressure
2 questions if so
1. anyone agree or have any other ideas?
2. How big a job to inspect or replace diaphragm. Do i have to drain system or can I just undo the 8 screws on the diverter casing to get at it?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
not really familiar with this model, but if its a standard giannoni diverter valve then you can just turn off the incoming main and drain the hot water off. Undo the 8 screws take the cover off and replace the diaphragm with the replacement kit.

Er, not in my exp. When you take the diaphragm out of a standard Giannoni DV a shaft comes with it. The shaft is the seal in the end of the diverting bit, so water comes out.
Let the pressure off the boiler and do up the AAV and you won't lose enough to worry about.

Sponsored Links
I see from the pic you're right so I wonder why I remember them (ie the first one(s) I changed) peeing so much.
Perhaps the diverter shaft can get stuck in, no longer in the seal? Of course I've always assumed you have to release the pressure so haven't seen a leak recently!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back