Jointing compound or multi finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have quite a big hall way the wall is textured and goes up the stairs so really just want to make the wall smooth I was told that jointing compound was good to use and very easy and its ready mixed in wickes its £15 and in 10kg tubs now I will prob need a few now was wondering if there if a forum thats in a bag that you make up yourself as would be cheaper would this be multi finish or not? What do you guys recommend thx. [/youtube]

Sponsored Links
How deep is the texture? Do you mean Artex?

get the artex or textured paint checked out if its sound get somone to skim it with multi, going over large textured surfaces with jointing compound is not really advisable or practical

Its slightly bumpy all over like textured wall paper and if I had the money to pay someone to do it then I would :)

Sponsored Links
Its slightly bumpy all over like textured wall paper and if I had the money to pay someone to do it then I would :)
you wouldent get the result you would like with jointing compound, its best to wait to you get a bit of money together and then get someone in, im in hampshire give me a shout if you ever want it doing

what sort of price would i be looking at for poss 60sqm
for a straight forward skim of a 60m2 hallway most probably 400, its hard to give an exact price without looking at it,
it could be done for cheaper if theres not a lot of prep work, get someone to come and have a look and give you a quote, its not going to cost you anything, if your not far from me ill come and have a look

That's a good price. I'd get him out there pronto if I were you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back