Thorn Apollo no hot water....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i switch the button on the boiler down to hot water only the boiler does not fire up? but when put onto heating and hot water it fires up.i thought it might be the motorised valve but this has not solved the problem. cheers

Sponsored Links
does the water heat up when you have the heating & hot water switch on?

This button, isnt it on a programmer?

Tony

it might be a built in prog. that would mean it's on the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the reply's
The programmer is on the boiler and also the hot water heats up when the heating and hot water is on.

Possibly a zone valve fault, need a few system details.

What details do you need??
I thinks its a S plan system as it has
2 x 2port valves
between this is a gate valve with red top
1 x pump
what other things do i need to look for?

The 2port valve i have already changed or is that different to the motorised valve?
and at the moment to get hot water only i use the immersion heater.

had another go today with the system,i didn't realise the central heating does not work as i have not had it on all summer.
When i put the heating on it cuts out after 3minutes the radiators get luke warm and then cuts off.i thought it could be the overheat stat on the boiler so i bypassed that but still cut off along with the gas valve this time.

First things first, you should NOT by-pass safety controls.
Unless you're competent (ACS qualified) you should not be going in to the combustion chamber.
Which model of Apollo do you have?

yes i am acs qualified,but i don't work on heating systems so your advice would be appreciated.
its the thorn apollo 15/30b.

Sign up for combustion chamber and you'll have all your gas questions, answered. Can't do it here, DIYers will read, play and kill themselves.

Does the pilot stay on until the main burner has been on a short while?

cheers i have signed up just waiting to be accepted.do you think its boiler related?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back