Hotpoint washer dryer error code E10 after water shortage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hotpoint washer dryer started displaying a message E10 Check water supply. after we had a water shortage in the area.
It displays when it comes to rinsing, so I assume it is something wrong with cold water supply. The message doesnt appear every time I do the laundry, but it is becoming more and more often.
I checked hoses, there are no kinks, water is in pipes. What can I do next?
Maybe because of water failure in the area some dirt was in pipes and it blocked cold water hose? Help, please!

Sponsored Links
Check the inline filter in the fill hose, it may be partially blocked (especially if you recently had water supply issues).

I checked the filter today and it is fine. Maybe it is something wrong with the programmer?

Could be a faulty fill valve (amongst other things). Post the model number.

Sponsored Links
It is Hotpoint washer dryer WDM73a.
To make it more funny, today an engineer came in to see it, he checked everything and changed a valve (I dont know exactly which one). The mashine still doesnt take cold water in final rinse though.
He will come back tomorrow and try something new, but he says he doesnt know what is wrong ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back