Google going weird in IE but not Firefox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guy's

got a funny thing going on in IE. Google search is not working as url not found or adding weird A's to the end of words...

Anyone got any ideas??

Sponsored Links
The extra characters in place of the comma is an indication of a character encoding issue, this occurs when your browser can't determine how a character is represented.

It's a technical topic so I won't go into the laborious details but the simplest solution to the problem would be to change to a different browser, overall something like Firefox or Chrome would provide you with better functionality, stability and this problem will most likely not occur using those.

Firefox - http://www.firefox.com
Chrome - http://www.google.com/chrome

Edit: Just noticed the title of the topic and that you are already using Firefox, is there some reason you need to use IE?

The extra characters in place of the comma is an indication of a character encoding issue, this occurs when your browser can't determine how a character is represented.

It's a technical topic so I won't go into the laborious details but the simplest solution to the problem would be to change to a different browser, overall something like Firefox or Chrome would provide you with better functionality, stability and this problem will most likely not occur using those.

Firefox - http://www.firefox.com
Chrome - http://www.google.com/chrome

Edit: Just noticed the title of the topic and that you are already using Firefox, is there some reason you need to use IE?

Many thanks for the great reply. It's only just appeared so I assume it's some form of update which has effected it..

As regards using IE -in all honesty I prefer IE over all the others I use. Firefox for example is to me unfriendly and cumbersome. Opening a tab gives a blank page rather than 'home' which for the 'best' browser is poor to say the least.

I don't find it any faster either having done back to back tests. :confused:

I wonder if I can reinstall it and see?

Anyway thanks again your explanation has been really helpful :LOL:

Personally, I prefer it that way, most likely if I open a new tab I'm wanting to go to another site where I already know the URL or I'm going to use the address bar to search for it.

I don't actually use Firefox myself any more, I just found Chrome faster especially in a Linux environment. You may want to try Chrome a new tab opens up a start page showing you your most visited sites, perhaps that would be better for you?

Sponsored Links
As regards using IE -in all honesty I prefer IE over all the others I use. Firefox for example is to me unfriendly and cumbersome. Opening a tab gives a blank page rather than 'home' which for the 'best' browser is poor to say the least.

This is easily changed with an addon if you desire such resource waste.

I'm using the beta 4 and I don't believe the add on works in this version.

Don't use beta if you don't wish to beta test and are not a seasoned software user.

But in all seriousness that is the most ridiculous reason for not using a browser I've heard.

However, I suggest you try chrome. If a tab crashes it doesn't crash the whole browser, due to being the first multithreaded browser. The interface is simple and not cumbersome. If you open a tab it give you a speed dial type page with access to all your favourite sites.

Wasteful in what way?

Don't use beta if you don't wish to beta test and are not a seasoned software user.

But in all seriousness that is the most ridiculous reason for not using a browser I've heard.

However, I suggest you try chrome. If a tab crashes it doesn't crash the whole browser, due to being the first multithreaded browser. The interface is simple and not cumbersome. If you open a tab it give you a speed dial type page with access to all your favourite sites.

It's not THE reason it's A reason. I know the right thing to do is to knock Micro$oft (look I even put the dollar sign in to show how cool I am) but I find IE a better browser overall. I will give Chrome a whirl

Thanks for the help :)

Wasteful in what way?

Do you need a remote home page every single time you open a new tab? No. So why do you want to waste resources by loading it every time?

Wasteful in what way?

Do you need a remote home page every single time you open a new tab? No. So why do you want to waste resources by loading it every time?

Tabs have been available in IE for ages.,

Wasteful in what way?

... And what, exactly, does that have to do with anything I've been saying here?

Wasteful in what way?

... And what, exactly, does that have to do with anything I've been saying here?

And again I ask you, how does that have anything at all do to with loading the home page in new tabs?

Sponsored Links
Back