Help please, STRIPED blinds,what kind of wallpaper do i get?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please, I have horizontal STRIPED blinds in my livings in different shades of brown, gold etc & want to do a feature wall with wallpaper. But I dont know what kind of design to get. Do I got for stripes again, floral, plain wallpaper etc??? Then what kind of colour??? I have seen a lovely floral kind of design in gold, cream & brown which I think would look good but then dont know as the blinds have stripes, Any advice would be so much appreciated

Thanks in advance x

Sponsored Links
lynne.

I take it the wall of which you intend to be your feature wall contains the blinds, if you choose a a paper of the same design and of the same colour spectrum the one could appear to clash with the other.

So perhaps a floral design would be better, your choice of colour blending seems to be good so if you choose a lighter shade the blinds would deem as the prominent feature.

If however you were to reverse this with a darker shade the blinds could enhance your feature wall.

Always difficult these situations right without seeing them, and still awkward if I could.

Hope this is of some help

Dec.

No the blinds are on another wall, the wallpaper alone would be on the feature wall. So thats what i wasnt sure about whether because they are not on the same wall would the wallpaper need to be stripes to tie in with the wallpaper or not??
Thank You for replying

lynne.

I had a sneaky feeling that they would be on an adjoining wall, but no harm done. If in this situation you were to choose the same pattern of paper whilst still keeping within the same colour spec the darker of the two could remain the feature.

My suggestion here would be that you stay with the floral design of which should be darker than the blinds, stay within the colour spectrum of the blinds otherwise a clash of colours will occur.

In doing so your feature wall should stand proud and the blinds will become an obvious match.

lynne please forgive me if I have'nt got this one quite right, but it is in the extreme, difficult to advise without seeing the room.

I whish you the very best of luck

Dec.

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd go for a plain wall that ties in colour wise with the blind. IE Gold blind - gold wall.

Or go for a total neutral that will match anything like oatmeal etc.

joe.

I can understand your point here but two factors should be taken into account. If lynne is trying to achieve a feature wall surely combining the same colours will not achieve her purpose.

The implication of a feature wall is to be bold and eye catching when the room is entered.

There is a basic rule regarding interior design that in my opinion should not be flaunted. going to the blinds they should be far less noticable than the feature wall and only act as an accessory. If that was not the case the blinds will become the feature and the wall will remain hard to see.

Dec.

She can make her feature wall gold. A feature wall still has to tie in with the décor.

Thanks for your advice & anymore wud be much appreciated. Never done wallpaper before either so will be a 1st : )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back