Concord RS Ideal Boiler, needing Gas Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

New to this forum as just joined. Not sure if this question has already been asked but was wondering if anyone would no where to get hold of a gas valve for a very old boiler Concord RS Ideal Standard. Eventually will be replacing this but for know I require a gas valve for it new or used. Would appreciate any help if possible.

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
u would have get one from a gas engineer as gas carrying part and needs few checks after any installation

Hi there sorry should of said, my dads safe gas registered so he will be fitting it if we can manage to track 1 down.

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
Have you tried the British Museum... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If dad is Gas Safe registered he will be aware of the GC number and able to order spares..assuming you can still get them...and I "think" you should be OK with a gas valve.

I'd have the condition of the boiler checked very carefully as it must be in its 'end of working life' phase, and unless its in very good nick chucking money at it might be a false economy. They were good in their day, but with that ruddy great Heat Ex soaking up your money I'd start saving up for a boiler/system upgrade. Your gas bill will almost certainly be a lot smaller.

Alfredo

Soggy
It might be a red and white push button gas valve on an old concorde.

OP the site penfold has linked to will have your valve if it is a red and white push button valve

Even the oldest RS's have a 4600a or a 4600c from what Ive seen. Namsag does know his stuff though so if it has a v4400c buy this www.abcotuk.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductId=P294&catid=C2

Personally, if room allows Id convert to a v4600c. A bit of cutting a re-threading the iron but I do it on Warm Air Units all the time. Just a bit of a PITA, which any RGI can deal with.

P46.

Is it pemissable to fit a different valve to a boiler other than the original one which would have passed all the relevant tests in the testing house?I think not.If the original part is NLA then the boiler is obsolete.I would never advise fitting a different valve to any boiler as p46 suggests.These valves are still available.

Is it pemissable to fit a different valve to a boiler other than the original one which would have passed all the relevant tests in the testing house?I think not.If the original part is NLA then the boiler is obsolete.I would never advise fitting a different valve to any boiler as p46 suggests.These valves are still available.

Only if manufacturer approves I'd have thought. I did a gas valve on an Ultimate 50FF right at the start of the cold spell last Dec. The new valve was a different model with a new wiring harness. Original valve NLA.

However.......Gas valves for the GW 24ci and 30ci combis are supposed to be different part number, but whenever one arrived for a 24ci it was the 30ci part (and we did our own warranty work so these were parts delivered direct to us by GW themselves to order)....panic and confusion, but Glow Worm technical said fit them anyway :confused: :confused:

Alfredo

The model in the book shows 3 models and it is model 30/40.
Many thanks for the updates so far.

James

Don't know about gas valves, but the case seal kit is still available from Parts Center. If your looks like the mice have been at it, get a new one.

Great boilers, got a customer with a 30 year old WRS. Ok, its not efficient, but it has never broken down. From the days when gas was cheap(ish)!

.I would never advise fitting a different valve to any boiler as p46 suggests

Why? Same valve that operates the same way. I'm trying to help the op out. Ive posted links to either valve that would fit. My Gassafe inspector visited an old WAU where I removed an obsolete Honeywell Valve, and fitted a 24v v8600. No problems, just has to re-alighn the pilot supply. All gas tight and safe.

P46.

Why? I would only fit another valve to a boiler after getting ok from makers. Maclaren valves are scarce but I've seen examples of 24v Honeywell gas valves fitted to Capricorn BBU's.It can be done and the valve operates "in the same way" but it's not right.What happens after an incident that was caused by a non standard modification?Only fit valves after advice from makers,anything else and you're taking a chance.

And thats where regs and Manufactures are way out of order red push button valve and the equivalent grey valve do Exactly the same thing .
Its a bit like using the 6mm pilot tube that comes in a kit with different nuts to change existing pilot supplies. Not the exact part but does exactly the same.
Common sense should take over but the trouble is common sense is a rare commodity in this trade nowadays

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back