megane 2 dci camshaft sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi - how do you get to the camshaft sensor on a megane 2 1.5dci ?....had look from above....space very tight...cant see anything? ta

Sponsored Links
if no luck here get on the forums of meganeownersclub.co.uk you'll have to register to even look at the forums but it is a big and very popular forum once you've registered unlike some other car enthusiast sites.

ta guys...i have no problems with my car, no error messages..etc...its just that about 3 times now, whilst driving the car judders slightly, then engine cuts out.....after about 15 minutes it starts and drives fine again. been told to change the camshaft sensor...ive cleaned out the egr valve had build up of carbon/sludge inside...missus is too afraid to drive it in case it dies again in the middle of a busy main road or shopping centre..

Sponsored Links
No guarantee if this is at fault mate, but as its around £40 from a motor factors it could be worth a punt.
Maybe worth taking it out for a clean - there will be some timing belt dust in there.
It seems to get its signal from the injector pump rather than the actual camshaft...no problems with that though.
John :)

had similar trouble on a mates 1.9dci last year, the wiring to the crank sensor had worn through and was shorting to the engine giving the exact same symptoms as yours, no error messages etc

Is that the one that pokes through the bell housing?
I've had that one too - the wire was so tight you could play a tune on it. Why are the manufacturers so mean with it?
John :)

I'd go with the crankshaft sensor too. The wiring is tight, and they also suffer from bad connections. The sensor also gets covered in dust from the clutch. Remove it and give it a good clean, should be o/k.

ta guys...i have no problems with my car, no error messages..etc...its just that about 3 times now, whilst driving the car judders slightly, then engine cuts out.....after about 15 minutes it starts and drives fine again. been told to change the camshaft sensor...ive cleaned out the egr valve had build up of carbon/sludge inside...missus is too afraid to drive it in case it dies again in the middle of a busy main road or shopping centre..

Nah - I'd disagree with EGR fault..Megane, French car, prone to electrical fault....I'd say a coil pack is failing. Dunno if there is one or dual on this car..but classic signs of coil fail.

Camshaft sensor? no way. Coil Pack...definately.

If EGR faulty, oiled plugs? Coil fail? flooded plugs? 2xcoils per two plugs?

ok had the crankshaft sensor cleaned and put it back in...will have to see if this has solved the problem of car cutting out whilst driving...

ok guys...car seems to driving fine havnt had the problem....so leaning the egr valve and cleaning the cranshaf sensor..seemed to have done the trick.....so if anyone else has similar problem, try this before spending money...cheers guys :D

Sponsored Links
Back