Dishwasher Socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved to a new house and am in the process of installing a dishwasher. We were informed by the previous owners there was plumbing and sockets for the dishwasher, and indeed there is a switch above the counter for a dishwasher along with cooker etc.

Removed the cupboard this evening and found no plug socket but there is a blank socket with a fuse there.

How can i tell if this is connected to the isolator switch amd if it is am i able to swap this for an ordinary socket and plug the dishwasher in?

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Sponsored Links
Turn off the power and remove the fused connection unit (the thing you called a "blank socket with a fuse there" under the counter.

Hopefully there should just be a one cable there, if so swap the FCU for a socket, plug something in and check it is indeed controlled by the dishwasher switch.

If there is more than one cable or the socket isn't controlled by the dishwasher switch take photos and ask back for further advice.

Turn off the power and remove the fused connection unit (the thing you called a "blank socket with a fuse there" under the counter.

Hopefully there should just be a one cable there, if so swap the FCU for a socket, plug something in and check it is indeed controlled by the dishwasher switch.

If there is more than one cable or the socket isn't controlled by the dishwasher switch take photos and ask back for further advice.

Thanks for the quick reply, will give this a try tomorrow.

Removed the cupboard this evening and found no plug socket but there is a blank socket with a fuse there.
Sorry - that makes no sense.

Socket:

MKK2757.JPG

MKK2747.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back