Which boiler? Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Currently have a Powermax 155 fitted. The boiler light (green) ignites momentarily and then after 3 times goes to lockout. It is about 11 years old so it is probably time for a change. (Unless you can think of any quick and easy ways to work out where it is broken).

It is a 3 bed house, 10 rads, 1 bathroom, 1 shower room.

I am looking for a good value boiler, not necessarily the best name but would look at good value.

Have been looking at a BIASI RIVA PLUS BOILER 32KW (Approx £620). Low end, not too good reputation?

A Ferroli (have heard very bad things).

Potterton Gold (33kwh) for £750.

Worcester Greenstar 30cdi for approx £900.

Rehema Avant Plus 35c for approx £900 (5 year warranty!)

Other people have also recommended a Glow Worm.

What should I be going for? Are these suitable? Any others I could consider?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The Ideal logic plus has a 5 year warrenty come in 24kw 30kw &35kw

excellent boiler iv fitted 20 or more no problem at all.

plumb center are banging them out best seller ;)

Biasi are also now giving a 5 year warranty on some of there boilers ?

Probably not worth the paper it is written on (maybe ?) stay away from them they are a total shower to deal with , apparently any in warranty sevice visits require a £95 deposit from the customer before they will turn up ? apparently refundable if the problem is not an install fault ;) they also apparently do not deal with intermittent faults during the guarantee period !!

Ferroli , don't even go there !!

get some quotes and go from there. There's a number of decent boilers available but its better to have one your installer is familiar with. I would agree with losing the powermax though, nothing but trouble.

Sponsored Links
To remove old boiler and make good.I have been given a quote to install a Baxi Duo Tec 33 and running the flue through the loft.

To run a new 22mm gas supply to the new boiler position from the
nearest 22mm supply.

Commission, cleanse and add suitable chemicals to protect central
heating system.

To supply and fit one Honeywell timer and room thermostat to allow
timing of your central heating system and control the overall
temperature of the house.

Total £1800 plus an extra £90 for a magna clean if I want one.

Does that sound reasonable? Anything else I should be looking at including?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back