Zanussi: nothing happens to fabric conditioner I put in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine is a Zanussi FLI 1012. I noticed that the fabric conditioner I was putting in just stayed there, and my suspicion that no water was getting to it was confirmed when I put a bit of kitchen paper in its place, which stayed dry or almost. I have tried cleaning out old conditioner from drawer as best I can, but it's not obvious how water might enter the fabric conditioner compartment (presumably from above) and what might be blocked above it (I assume that is the probelm).

Machine is old, but works OK otherwise, and being integrated, is expensive to replace. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
On some Zanussis there is an adjustment in the linkage between the timer and the jet in the soap drawer housing that directs water to different compartments. If you take the lid of the machine you should see what I mean. If you carry out any adjustment you also need to check that the prewash and main wash compartments are being rinsed out at the correct parts of the programme.

thanks... I did take the lid off and saw the kind of white right-angled armature you describe. There is a sort of knob in a housing half way along.... is this what should be adjusted? How would you know how to set it?

It's just trial & error. Mark with a pencil where any pointers are pointing at the final rinse part of the programme, make an adjustment and see if it cures the problem. At worst, you can still return to the original setting.

Sponsored Links
Pull soap drawer out clean holes in top of outer soap drawer using tooth brush or similar-tell tale signs of black gunge probably present.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back