Electric Shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We live in the UK, Manchester area and ever since we moved into our present home (6 years) we have been using a REDRING PLUS 8S Electric shower, which we have never had any problems with. The shower is wired with 6 mm2 cable which goes to a seperate fuse box with a 30 Amp fuse. I have never seen this model shower before and can find no information about it on the internet. Can anyone tell me the KW rating of this shower?

Sponsored Links
try lookin on the shower itsself. 30A is 6.9KW (@230V), 7.2KW (@ 240V), so id imagine its under 7.5KW

But to blow instantaneously, a 3036 fuse requires a 100% overload, ie 60A for a 30A fuse. Therefore, you can load up a 30A rewireable fuse well beyond 30A and not see any nuisance tripping. I mean, a shower is only on for 5,10 mins.

My guess is it is 8.0 or 8.5kW, but try here for info. You can contact them via e-mail if you can't find what you want on the site.

http://www.applied-energy.com/redring/

This model was an 8kw (I am fairly sure remember them well) but as noted check inside should tell you.

Sponsored Links
Steve if you need further info on Redring

The contact number for them is 08709000420

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back