Air in central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting air in my heating system even when it is not in use. I can hear a slight air noise from the rad nearest to the pump. This rad is not leaking water. Also when I switch the water heater on I can hear air/water in the heating pipes moving. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Could be pumping over/sucking down - would indicate circulation problems and a powerflush may help.

Get several quotes/inspections.

thanks for the replies. Yes I have bled the rads, as mentioned the only one that needs bleeding is the one closet to the pump. If I don't use the system for water or heating, system turned off, it still gets air in the rad? If I'm not using it, how is this happening?

Sponsored Links
might be gassing, which is caused by corrossion, another sign of a powerflush being needed and possibly pipework alterations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back