French Doors and Cover strip?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question i have about french doors with possibility of cover strips

I'm after a set of french doors on the rear of my house, the problem i'm having is that i'm trying to avoid having doors made to fit as they cost more, my measurements are 1290 x 2090mm, so i was wondering if it was possible to buy a standard size fit 1190 x 2090 set of doors, pack out 50mm gap either side and fit cover strips aroun the edge?

Is there any problems doing this and does anyone have any experience of doing it and any pictures of what it would look like if possible, as i have no idea?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
In theory theres nothing stopping you doing that, a length of 3x2 PAR down each side cloaked with white trim will work.......BUT it'll double the thickness of the frame and on an already narrow set of doors may look a bit silly but if your happy then.........

IMO though it looks a bodge and a work around but this is from a ex pvc fitter now service engineer that gives a toss ;)

cheers for your reply mate, so in a word i should stop being a cheap skate, and pay for made to measure doors instead ha ha! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Supply only, made to measure best price so far is £490 and standard fit is in Focus and Screwfix, and i think its around £327, there or there abouts!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back