Should i charge per TRV?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know you guys dont like giving numbers for a job however i've been asked to fit 10 trvs to ten rads which wont have any. Would you charge per trv or at a day rate?

Would £20 labour per trv be too expensive?

Sponsored Links
I'm not really sure mate, how about charge the day rate + materials (obv) but ad £50 or something.. lol

£75 for the first one then £25 each for the rest subject to survey.

That includes suppling the TRV

i charge 45 for first 25 after that plus new inhibitor if needed. i would charge per valve as for 10 you would get more that day rate at that price if you dont rip people off i only charge 120 day the total of that jobs is like 270 plus inhibitor and it would only take half day :) if that them prices are plus materials btw :)

Sponsored Links
you joking :rolleyes: id tell you to get back on your horse

10 trvs should take no more than 4/5 hours including draining & re filling.

£180-00 sounds about right ;) labour only

I am doing 5 t/valves tomorrow plus inhibitor, £300.00, your all working too cheap, customer had a verbal price and thought about it for 2 days, so obviously checked around, then phoned to order work, I sent written confirmation of price.

I am doing 5 t/valves tomorrow plus inhibitor, £300.00, your all working too cheap, customer had a verbal price and thought about it for 2 days, so obviously checked around, then phoned to order work, I sent written confirmation of price.

good price im not a cowboy or anything but i work my prices out from working for 4 different small firms and im low compaired to the min the manchester area i know people ho would charge alot more than me and use cheap valves

blimey you guys are expensive lol!

this lad is a mate of mine so i reckon 35 for 1st trv and 20 for the rest.......they can pay for the materials :)

it should take about 1hr to drain/fit 1 valve/refill, plus 1/4hr for each additional valve so work a charge out from there,

Wow, you guys apparently work in perfect conditions in a training centre.

In the real world one gets olives compressed into pipe, too short pipes, split end pipes etc.

Refilling has its own set of disasters ready to happen, seized bleed screws, broken off bleed screws. And of course in O
V systems air locks. Thats forgetting the seized ball valve in the F&E tank.

First lesson of plumbing, never work for friends or family EXCEPT at FULL normal rates.

At last successs! The Desi Grill in Foleshill Road is closed and up for selling the lease. All closed because those who ran it made bad food and refused to let us bring our own wine to drink with our meal.

Tony

In the real world one gets olives compressed into pipe, too short pipes, split end pipes etc.

Refilling has its own set of disasters ready to happen, seized bleed screws, broken off bleed screws. And of course in O

First lesson of plumbing, never work for friends or family EXCEPT at FULL normal rates.
Tony

Well I suppose if you drain everything down to change a few TRVs you might come across all these problems Tony. Most of us know a trade secret way to do them without draining everything.

I won't publish it on here as we wouldn't want to give up our commercial advantage :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously you're so right about friends and family, full rate or free depending how close you are to them never mates rates ;)

Right, first off, BG fitted new Solo last year, nice job, Magnaclean ect, but no T/valves, do they know about Part L !!!!, I asked how come BG hadn't fitted any, she said they "mentioned" them, duh, anyhoo I couldn't give a toss as it's a job for me, took 3 hours all in including traveling and picking up stuff from merchants, knocked off price of inhibitor as didn't need to drain ;) , she's so pleased with job she's booked in the same on a relatives behalf for the same job :) obviously BG quoted a silly price so my £300 looked good,
remember, it's not a competition to see who can do a job the cheapest, any pillock can work for nothing, it aint big it aint clever, some on here are selling themselves short for their skills.
I turned up on time, treated customer with respect, made no mess whatsoever, did the job as priced and everyone is happy, but I don't work for peanuts, thats for the monkeys :LOL:

At last successs! The Desi Grill in Foleshill Road is closed and up for selling the lease. All closed because those who ran it made bad food and refused to let us bring our own wine to drink with our meal.

Tony

You sure no how to put the fear of god into a novice plumber!!

And if it wasnt for mates rates (and in my case using the plumbing in my mates houses as my test centre lol....ehem... errr..... :oops: ) i'd get very little experience. So considering they are allowing me to potentially destroy their homes, the least i can do is give them a discount.

Glad to here the Desi Grill has shut down, you really didnt like them did you! Lets hope they open something more to your liking which allows you to bring your drink in.

Now Agile, did you get my email about coming out to look at my boiler!! I've sent it to 2 of your addresses, i have my little girl over for a few days soon and the poor child will freeze if i dont get the issue diagnosed and resolved!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back