Miele W828 washing machine, won't spin drum unbalanced noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have had this machine 10 years but just gone wrong. When it got to the spin the machine is jumping around drum not balanced. The rinse light flashes and the machine stops. Not sure what is wrong, motor will run and the drain pump runs. Could be mechanical but the drum turns freely.

Any suggestions welcome. Can anyone suggest where I could get a service manual for Miele washers? I know that the service engineers can open up the machine from the front, is it just a case of undoing some bolts to open it.

Sponsored Links
Just found the Miele W828 thread, answers most of my questions such as how to open the machine. Also tried another load, machine stops with 'rinses' light flashing. I guess maybe the brushes or perhaps the relay/fuse is gone. But motor does move a little so perhaps worn brushes more likely.

Anyway let you know when I have taken it apart.

Dave57

Just a note to say it is fixed.

Took the machine apart as described elsewhere, intention was to take out the motor and inspect the brushes. Well removing the wiring from the motor one of the wires fell off loose !! So prised open the connector with a jewlers screw driver and remove brocken wire end. pushed loose wire in and then forced the connector back together with big pliers. Re-assembled and now it all works fine. So fix cost nothing!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back