Installing Dishwasher - Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a spare drain and spare cold supply under our sink from the old dishwasher. When we got a new c/h supply, the plumber asked me if we'd be getting another dishawasher to which I said no. A few weeks and serveral sink loads later, we've changed our mind. So....rather than having to get a plumber back in, is there a "splitter" I can attach to the hot supply currently used for the washing machine that will feed the dishawasher too? I've not been able to find on via Google, but I don't really know what I'm looking for....

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
bq or screwfix etc do them.
81426.jpg

Hi,

We have a spare drain and spare cold supply under our sink from the old dishwasher. When we got a new c/h supply, the plumber asked me if we'd be getting another dishawasher to which I said no. A few weeks and serveral sink loads later, we've changed our mind. So....rather than having to get a plumber back in, is there a "splitter" I can attach to the hot supply currently used for the washing machine that will feed the dishawasher too? I've not been able to find on via Google, but I don't really know what I'm looking for....

Many Thanks.

Think you mean COLD dont you??

The Buy and Queue version is carp, bought one the other week, finished by binning it and putting a tee valve in for cold supply..... Just couldnt get the (brand new) hose to tighten sufficiently to stop it leaking.....

Sponsored Links
Not many dishwashers are hot and cold fill, These are only suitabble if you have an an unvented hot water system or combi boiler with an anti-legionella control built into it.

You don't want to be rinsing your dishes in non potable water ;)

Oh..... so a dishwasher only requires a cold supply? :oops: In which case I've got one already :D

Yes. ;) Problem solved!

I believe all new washing machines are cold fill only now too. I suspect to guarantee the energy rating the appliance heats the water, as there is no control by the manufacturers over the heating method and efficiency of a hot water supply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back